Monday

Paris.

Last week I met my mom in Paris. We tore the city up.

I didn't bring a camera with me to France for a variety of reasons...
1. I don't consider myself a good photographer.
2. I think taking pictures can be really tacky.
3. If I had my way, I would only ever have my photo taken in front of a blank wall.
4. Every time someone takes your photo a piece of your soul is stolen.

(although, I must admit, there have been times when I wished I could photograph some of the crazy shit I've seen)

The reason I bring this up is because my mother is the exact opposite when it comes to cameras. She must have taken a million pictures of me in Paris. And she kept making me pose! As if I were a little child!

There is only one photo that I really like. My mom took it while we were drinking wine in front of the Sacre Coeur. It's This is my favorite picture from the Paris series because it was the exact moment I decided I was totally over having my picture taken. I also like it because it isn't totally obvious I'm in Paris. Unless you can see the Eiffel Tower hiding in the background.

No comments: