Sunday

Emmaus.

I finally went yesterday and it blew my mind away for several reasons.

1. It is nearly impossible to find. Anna and I took a tram, and then a bus. After we got off the bus we walked for about twenty minutes on the side of a highway. Then we cut through a wooded field before we found it. It doesn't have an address. You just have to know where it is and, spot it when you get close.

2. This place is comprised of two metal shacks. One has clothes,books, records, collectibles, and vintage bookcases. The other shack has only furniture...couches and love seats. Then there is a huge outdoor section with just glass. I don't know how I can explain it. There are about 20 tables sitting in the middle of a parking lot covered in plates, cups, wine glasses, pitchers, ash trays etc...

3. The quality of stuff I found was amazing and everything was cheap as hell.

-Recording of 'les enfants terribles' on vinyl.
-The french equivalent to 'the boxcar children' book series. But better...?
-Vintage manual on making your own television.
-Black riding boots.
-Vintage maps.
-Collection of pale blue aperitif glasses in perfect condition.
-Jar of vintage buttons.

The list goes on. But I didn't get anything. I wasn't in the mood to carry all of the stuff two hours home. Now that I know what I'm in for, I'll go back wearing more comfortable shoes next week.

It was the stuff dreams are made of. Truly.

No comments: